Community Purse is a giving circle of over 100 women who meet to pool donations of $100 each to give more than $10,000 to worthy nonprofits in our area.
Our philanthropy group is based on the simple concept that we can accomplish more for our community through group donations, rather than individual donations. During our quarterly meetings, we hear presentations from three nominated local charities. After the presentation and a brief question/answer period, each member votes for her preference of the featured charities. Once the votes are tallied, the selected charity is announced and then each member donates $100 directly to this charity, either electronically or by check. Members agree to support the charity that the group selects with a donation, even if it was not the charity for which they voted.
We intend for our meetings to be an efficient and productive use of time, treasure, and talent.
We meet four times a year, in the months of February, May, August, and November. Each one-hour meeting begins promptly and concludes promptly at the end of the hour. We network & socialize, hear from three non-profits (each lasting 5 minutes + 3 minutes for Q&A), vote on our big gift winner, then draw three charities to present at the next meeting.
Learn more about our chapter meetings:Lake County, IL Lake Mills, WI
- Connect and socialize with other like-minded women
- All of your donation goes directly to selected local charities
- Pooled donations of $10,000 offer greater impact for the charity than a single donation of $100
- Attend a fun “girls night out” with a purpose
- Expand your knowledge of area nonprofits
- Efficient and productive use of time for busy women who want to support nonprofits
- Help people in need and shape your community by supporting nonprofits